Friday 23 February 2018

Shelter-Generosity Feb.6th.





In two weeks, The Maple group (on Tuesday)  has been reading a book called "Shelter " by Celine Claire.

In the story, As a big storm approaches, two strangers (bears) arrive in the forest. All the animal families, safe in their homes, are worried.  The two bears knocks on each door and ask for shelter. but no one will let them in. 


 

 

After reading this story, we were wondering why all the animals couldn't help them?


The children said:

  They are afraid the strangers.
  They are not friends.
  They are bears.
  bear is big.
  Their house are too small.




To play with the idea of "shelter" and to practice the act of welcoming we made own shelter.
Each child picked an animal puppet, and got a box and began making a shelter.





My snake house. it's a cool tree house.
the door is on the top.
-Dougie-
Look! My shelter has a big door!
-Jayden-



My rabbit is sharing my shelter
with a mouse, because my shelter is big.
 -Alena-




 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathematical Provocations

On one day of November, I brought out some gems and started to sorting colour. The children were curious and offered to help and I welco...