Wednesday 17 October 2018

Our cup cake shop

The Maple Group had a cupcake shop one day in September.
 
The children wanted to have few flavors, so we decided to make two kind of cupcakes with chocolate chips and blueberries.


We had a conversation before we started to make the cupcakes.



"What should we do before cooking. what is very important to do?"
 
"Put apron on "
 
"Yes, that's good idea when you cook. It will keep your clothes clean and there is another important thing."
"I know, we need to wash our hands"
 
"Yes, that's right. Because we will make and serve cupcakes everyone, so if we are a chef, every time before we cook, we need to wash our hands very carefully. Do you know why?"

"Because we might have some germs."

"But I washed my hands already."

"Did you use soap?"

"No, I didn't use soap."

" When you wash your hands, please wash with soap otherwise your hands might still have some germs.  Please everyone go to bathroom and wash your hands with soap and come back. "


After all the children came back from bathroom, I put all ingredients on the counter and we played a  guessing game. We used our 5senses.
We started to making cupcakes. Everyone wanted to participate. We took turn.

 
We poured, mixed and added ingredients one at a time. 

A child said "making cupcakes is not easy!!  Maybe that's why mummy bought me cupcakes"
 





 

After all ingredients mixed, we put the batter into the muffin tins.  
 
" Naomi I can't!! It's very difficult"
 
So we put the batter in using spoons and one of another children said," When I made some cookie with my mummy,  I used my hands." 
And another child added, "Because muffin dough is very sticky and soft, we need to use spoons" 




During lunch time, I baked them in the oven. Sooner, some children smelled and noticed and called "Cupcakes!!" 

 



After rest time, I asked the children of Maple group for serve cupcakes to the other children. 

The children used play money to "buy" the cupcakes of their choice and all of the children practiced using caring manners in the exchange of conversation.

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathematical Provocations

On one day of November, I brought out some gems and started to sorting colour. The children were curious and offered to help and I welco...