Thursday 6 December 2018

Outdoor forest play- Hopscotch-

Yesterday morning, when we played at the forest.

I collected some big leaves from the ground and put them as a line on the side of our forest play area.

Just like " Hopscotch"





 
 
When I started to explain the rules of this activity, Simone noticed " Naomi I know! this is Hopscotch" .
 
The beginning I set up the leaves in a straight line.
 
After all the children had two turns jumping I placed the leaves in a zigzag shape.
 
Adrienne : "Wow,  now it is a zigzag! I can do it!!!"
Simone: " Me too!"
 
 Almost 10 children joined the activity and a child said " My body is warm now Naomi! "
 
It was simple activity that emerges from the children's delight in jumping and the lovely leaves in our forest.
 
It was a very cold beautiful sunshine day! 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathematical Provocations

On one day of November, I brought out some gems and started to sorting colour. The children were curious and offered to help and I welco...